Thursday, January 1, 2015

My year in books

Want to know one thing I loved to pieces about 2014? THE BOOKS. Don't you wish you could have a read-a-thon like you did in elementary school, and hang out in pajamas and bring snacks and read all day long? For like a month straight? THERE ARE JUST SO MANY GOOD BOOKS OUT THERE AND SO LITTLE TIME!

There's nothing quite the same as changing a book's status from Want-To-Read to Read, is there? I kind of loved switching those statuses for all of these.

Picture Books

I don't read picture books to my kids any more, so there aren't so many on my Read list. A picture book has to REALLY grab my attention for me to search it out. And I loved these!

 

Middle Grade Books

Ahh. MG books. Where my heart lies.

  
 
 
 
 

YA Books

As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of YA.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Non-Fiction Books

There's something about the beginning of summer that makes me crave non-fiction. Not for long amounts of time, but that craving always hits.

 

How was your reading year? Did we read any of the same books? Did any books that you read really stick with you? I'm always looking for awesome books to read! What's on your To-Read list that you're dying to get to?

9 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Hope 2015 is a marvelous adventure.

JeffO said...

I think the best new book of 2014 I read was Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel. Very, very good.

I hope you have an excellent 2015--Happy New Year!

Patrick Stahl said...

I read Steelheart and I've read The Hunger Games. The Paper Magician is sitting on my shelf (physical shelf). I haven't had a marvelous year in reading, though the books themselves have been great and I've supplemented my reading with some audiobooks, which were all great.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

You had a really good reading year Peggy. I forgot about Scorched. Need to get on that.

Anonymous said...

Lots of great books. Happy New Year!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Some awesome reads there. I wish I could easily transfer the 83 books on Goodreads to my blog.

Jessie Humphries said...

Well done, Peggers. 2014 was pretty dang awesome. Thanks for sharing so much of it with me.

Emily R. King said...

All those covers make me so happy. Lots of good reads! Happy New Year, Peggy!

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

Peggy, thanks so much for posting this. There are several books that I'd like to check out!