Friday, May 24, 2013

Quotes and Cookies: Failing... And succeeding


“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot...and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that's precisely why I succeed.”

~Michael Jordan


So... you're saying, MJ, that you have to keep taking shots? And that those who are really successful keep taking A WHOLE FREAKING LOT of shots, and even when they fail, they keep taking more and more shots?

And that keeping taking shots no matter how many times you fail is the key to succeeding?

Thanks for putting it into perspective, Michael.

Here. Have a cookie.

It's a slam-dunk, just for you.

photo credit: hjhipster via photopin cc

Happy Friday!

14 comments:

JeffO said...

As much as it hurts, failure is an important part of the learning process. Have a great weekend, Peggy.

Donna K. Weaver said...

We often forget all of what MJ said when we think only of his successful moments. Love that picture.

ilima said...

You tell it, MJ.

Laura S. said...

Awesome quote. This reminds me of Babe Ruth. He had the home-run record, but he also held the strike-out record. He always swung, and sometimes he missed, but often he hit! If you don't ever take the shot you can't ever fail, but you can't ever succeed either.

Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Rena said...

That's a really good quote. I like how when you boil things down to numbers they start to look like the whole world was stacked against you. So I guess that means get back out there and go fall on my face some more.

Crystal Collier said...

Awesome, and so true. No matter what we feel like we're failing in, there's always the next try. =)

And cookie with milk? Don't mind if I do. ;D

prerna pickett said...

what a great quote, and so true. My husband would appreciate the source, he loves MJ.

Neurotic Workaholic said...

Failure is difficult because it can make the work seem even more overwhelming. But as long as you can still hold onto hope, it's manageable.

S.P. Bowers said...

You gotta keep putting the words on paper, even if not all of them are good.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So true. Thanks for reminding us that if we keep on plodding along and writing that we will get there.

Kristine said...

I love that quote. And Oreos.

Jai said...

Great quote.

I want Oreos now.

Precy Larkins said...

Love this!

CallieCreativeCelt said...

Thank you for the great quote Peggy! I know that I must remember that I will fail many times before I succeed. I like sharing these quotes and cookies on Pinterest :-)