Monday, June 20, 2011

Plotting Drive

Currently, I am in a van, in the middle of a 10 ½ hour car ride. Rest assured that I am in a state of bliss right now, and not conked out against the door, drooling, with the door lock pressed into my cheek, because I stayed up too late last night trying to get to the very end of my To Do Before Vacation list. I would NEVER procrastinate like that.

I *heart* vacations. The uninterrupted family time, the inability to work on a To Do list and therefore a lack of guilt about it. That’s why seven-ish years ago, I managed to talk my hubby into us buying a timeshare so we could be GUARANTEED a vacation every year.

Usually we go somewhere in the state, because I'm the ONLY one who likes long drives. I love them, actually, because plotting while driving is almost as good as plotting while showering! (My family already laments my thirty minute showers— I’m pretty sure I could never get away with a 10 ½ hour shower. Besides, the hot water runs out after 40 minutes, and then there's the whole issue with grandma toes.)

So, 10 ½ hours there and 10 ½ hours back... I’m thinking I could have my entire next book figured out by the time I get home!

Now let’s just hope the next book doesn’t have an “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” theme.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Vacations are the best! Knowing you, there's a to-do list already made out and waiting for you for when you get home! :)
I wish you the best of luck in your plotting!
This is going to be a boring week for me now... what time exactly are you back? ;)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Hahahaha! Yes, the list that awaits me at home kinda scares me a little. I guess I better REALLY enjoy being far away from that list while I can.